Sunday, 10 February 2013
Cheered up with The Liebster Award
The lovely Little Guys Mummy tweeted a link to me, a blog post awarding me The Liebster Award.
An award for little blogs like my own, with very few followers (has to be under 200 - I don't even have half of that!). Basically its a bit like a meme, a way of highlighting the little blogs that sometimes goes unnoticed.
So the rules say that I have to give you 11 facts about myself, and I must apologise if I am repeating these from previous posts:
1. Myself, my husband and my children are currently "at risk of homelessness".
2. I have a 10 year old son who has Chromosome 22q11 Deletion Syndrome.
3. I used to work for Social Services, Child Protection Team as a minute-taker, I found this job emotionally draining, particularly when I had my first child.
4. I didn't find childbirth particularly painful - even with my 9lb 7oz daughter I had only gas and air and squeezed with ease (sorry, couldn't resist!).
5. I used to write a blog called "Samuel's World" which was mostly about Samuel's 22q11.
6. I hate being late....for anything.
7. When I was a child my parents used to take me and my brother on hiking holidays in Switzerland - I was climbing mountains at 4 years old.
8. I wish I had worked harder at school and followed a proper career.
9. I like routine.
10. I've been married twice.
11. I generally don't feel part of the "blogging world". But I love my blog.
Now to answer the questions I was set by Little Guys Mummy:
1. Where is your favourite part of the world and why?
I love Cyprus and the Greek Islands. I love the culture, the food and the weather.
2. If you could relive your school years is there anything you would do differently?
I would try harder and aim for a "proper" career. I've always enjoyed working, I just wanted to do more than I did.
3. Why did you start your blog?
I started my first blog to raise awareness of 22q11 deletion syndrome, then changed to a new blog as I also wanted to share my experiences generally.
4. Whose your blogger role model and why?
I follow The Mummy Blogger, Charlotte. Her blog is truly beautiful as a mummy blog. A balance of useful reviews, fun competitions, recipes and food, but most importantly very "real" feelings of everyday challenges as a mum.
5. What's your favourite meal of the day?
Dinner. I don't eat breakfast and now I'm dieting sometimes skip lunch, or don't have time for lunch. I love cooking though and our evening meal is where I flourish.
6. What's your everyday shoe choice?
Sadly I am mostly Ugg boots in winter and flip-flops in summer, but this is really only since having my toddlers. I was always a heel girl before.
7. Is there anything you would like to learn to do?
Yes, I'd love to make my own jewellery. I visited Hobbycraft recently with my mum and was literally dribbling over the glass beads.
8. Are you happy with your career choice?
No. Discounting the fact that I am now a stay at home mum, I don't feel that I pushed myself enough, I know I am capable of much more.
9. Where is your favourite place to relax?
Well, it would be the bath, but we don't have one. I dream of bubble baths.
10. What is your first drink of the day?
I fluctuate between tea and coffee. Lately I've been favouring tea.
11. How many times a day do you check your Twitter?
Depends on what I am doing. I usually have a bit of Twitter time first thing when the children eat breakfast and I sip my first tea or coffee. Then I usually don't check again until lunch time. I tweet more in the afternoons as the little ones nap. I've currently lost my twitter mojo, so a bit quiet just now.
Phew! Now, I've answered my questions it's time for me to set 11 questions for bloggers that I would like to pass this award to.
1. How often do you blog?
2. What do you hope to achieve by blogging?
3. What's your favourite past time (not including spending time with children/loved one)?
4. How do your family feel about your blog?
5. What's your mummy "style"?
6. What's your favourite TV show?
7. What has been your best "baby/child" stage/age?
8. How many social networks do you access?
9. Where are you going on holiday this year/are you going on holiday?
10. What would your dream home be like?
11. What's your favourite time of year?
Now, time for me to nominate some bloggers for this award.
One Busy Mum - a newbie blogger like me whose blog always seems so happy
Multi Layer Mummy - I've just started reading more from Multi-Layer Mummy and am enjoying very much
Mum of 4, Wife of 1 - Another new blog that I am following. Her son has Aspergers syndrome and her blog raises awareness of this and autism, and thus raising the profile of invisible disabilities.
Now, the final rule of this award is to let the sender know that I have passed on the award, and to let my 3 bloggers know that I have nominated them.